doc. Mgr. Tomáš Weiss, M.A., Ph.D.
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Weiss, M.A., Ph.D.
- WEISS, Tomas Promoting National Priorities in EU Foreign Policy: The Czech Republic's Foreign Policy in the EU Abingdon: Routledge (2017)
- WEISS, Tomas Do we need an EU army? Which way for the European security and defence cooperation Bučovice: Martin Stříž Publishing (2016)
- WEISS, Tomas — Zuzana Kasáková, Ivo Šlosarčík, Eliška Tomalová, Jan Váška EU Institutions and the Lisbon Treaty Praha: Grada (2013)
- WEISS, Tomas — Ivo Šlosarčík, Mitchell Young Europeanisation of the Czech state administration : four institutions, four models Praha: Leges (2020)
- WEISS, Tomas Views on American foreign policy : the atlanticism of political parties in Central and Eastern Europe Praha: Institut pro evropskou politiku EUROPEUM (2008)
- WEISS, Tomas Role of police and military in the European Union : Analysis of the European and national levels on the case of the Czech Republic Praha: Karolinum (2014)
- WEISS, Tomas — Kryštof Kozák, Helena Schulzová, Jan Bečka, Markéta Brüstlová, Ivo Šlosarčík, Barbora Skálová, Adéla Jiroudková, Jan Váška, Jan Hauser, Tereza Svačinová Impacts of the Crisis in the Euro-Atlantic Area Praha: Dokořán (2012)
Chapters in monographs
- WEISS, Tomas Czechia in international affairs: Aimless ramble towed by domestic politics Praha: Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (2017) pp. 27-34
- WEISS, Tomas Foreign, security and defence policy : Europeanized at the bottom, neglected at the top Wiesbaden: Springer (2018) pp. 153-175
- WEISS, Tomas — Ivo Šlosarčík Multilateralism as Envisaged? Assessing European Union's engagement in conflict resolution in the neighbourhood London: Routledge (2014) pp. 157-177
- WEISS, Tomas Seeking the Czech Republic's Place in the World on the Pages of the Journal Mezinárodní Vztahy (2016) pp. 83-101
- WEISS, Tomas — Zuzana Kasáková At the right moment, in the right place: Promoting Czech Republic's interests in the European Parliament (2016) pp. 1-33
- WEISS, Tomas Building leverage at the EU level? Specialisation and coherence in Czech policy on Eastern European transition (2018) pp. 172-193
- WEISS, Tomas Between NATO and a hard place: defence spending debate in Germany and Czechia ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD (2019) pp. 193-211
- WEISS, Tomas A small state's anticipation of institutional change: effects of the looming Brexit in the areas of the CSDP and internal market ABINGDON: ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD (2020) pp. 1-15
- WEISS, Tomas Projecting the Re-Discovered: Czech Policy Towards Eastern Europe (2011) pp. 27-44
- WEISS, Tomas — Lucie Kadlecová Czech backlash against the GDPR: A small state's mismatch between domestic and international priorities (2021) pp. 7-22
- WEISS, Tomas De-Europeanisation of Czech policy towards Eastern Partnership countries under populist leaders (2021) pp. 587-602
- WEISS, Tomas — Věra Řiháčková Promoting multilateralism? : conceptualizing multilateralism in the Czech foreign policy (2010) pp. 5-21
- WEISS, Tomas Too Limited, Too Late: Evaluating the Czech Republic's Performance as a Small-State Lobbyist in EU External Policy (2016) pp. 53-78
- WEISS, Tomas European Union and the Changing Security Environment (2014) pp. 81-90
- WEISS, Tomas The Unclear Border between Internal and External Security in the European Union: Impact of the Lisbon Treaty (2011) pp. 215-229
- WEISS, Tomas Visegrád Battlegroup: Foreign Policy Objective by Military Means (2013) pp. 29-29
- WEISS, Tomas Fighting Wars or Controlling Crowds? The Case of the Czech Military Forces and the Possible Blurring of Police and Military Functions (2013) pp. 450-466
- WEISS, Tomas — Jan Karlas, Ivo Šlosarčík Systemic coordination of European affairs: middle-sized countries and the CFSP (2013) pp. 5-25
- WEISS, Tomas — Megan Ouellette "This Marvelous Symbol of Our Identity": The Czech Republic in American Practical Geopolitics (2015) pp. 267-286
- WEISS, Tomas Europeanization and Foreign Policy: Potential for Further Research (2013) pp. 268-283
- WEISS, Tomas The European External Action Service and the Legitimacy of the European Union's Foreign Policy (2012) pp. 5-21
- WEISS, Tomas Book review : Small state behaviour in strategic and intelligence studies (2020) pp. 461-462
- WEISS, Tomas The blurring border between the police and the military: A debate without foundations (2011) pp. 396-405
Contributions in the conference proceedings
European foreign and security policy; Europeanisation; securitisation; small states in the EU; Czech foreign and security policy.
as Principal Investigator since 2019 TeDEUSS - Teaching and Debating EU Small states’ Security, Jean Monnet Chair in EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies (EACEA) 2017-2019 Facing the Pressures of Internationalization and Securitization: Changing Security Policies of European States (Czech Science Foundation) 2016-2017 Promoting Czech interest in EU policies (Technological Agency of the Czech Republic) 2012-2014 Czech Foreign Policy in the European Union (Czech Science Foundation) 2012-2013 Rationalisation of the embassy network (Technological Agency of the Czech Republic and MFA CR) as Team Member since 2020 e-NOTE - European Network on Teaching Excellence (Erasmus+) since 2020 EUMA - improvement of good governance of climbing and mountaineering in Europe (Erasmus+) 2018 S4D4C - Using science for/in diplomacy for addressing global challenges (European Commission, Horizon 2020) 2017-2020 NIECE - New Ideas for Europeanisation from Central Europe, Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (European Commission, Jean Monnet) 2013-2016 Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence – Researching and Teaching European Studies in Central and Eastern Europe (European Commission, Jean Monnet) 2013-2014 Možnosti České republiky v rozhodovacích procesech v Evropském parlamentu [Czech Republic’s entry points in the European Parliament’s decision-making] (Technological Agency of the Czech Republic and MFA CR) 2012-2015 TRANSWORLD - Redefining the transatlantic relationship and its role in shaping global governance (European Commission, FP7) 2012 Visegrad Priorities and Coordination during the Cyprus EU Council Presidency (International Visegrad Fund) 2011-2012 Možnosti a limity působení národních diplomacií po ratifikaci Lisabonské smlouvy ve spolupráci s ESVA a předsednictvím EU [Possibilities and limits of national diplomacies in cooperation with EEAS and EU Presidency after the ratification of the Lisbon Treaty] (MFA CR) 2011 Zapojení ČR do evropské bezpečnostní politiky [Participation of the Czech Republic in European security policy] (MFA CR) 2009-2012 MERCURY - Multilateralism and the European Union in the contemporary global order (European Commission, FP7) 2009-2010 EUPOLIS - European Polity post Lisbon (European Commission, Jean Monnet) 2007-2008 TTSRL - Transnational Terrorism, Security & the Rule of Law (European Commission, FP6) 2006 Vliv práva Evropské unie na mezinárodní závazky České republiky v oblasti trestního práva [Impact of EU law on international commitments of the Czech Republic in the area of penal law] (MFA CR) 2005-2009 EU-CONSENT - Wider Europe, Deeper Integration? (European Commission, FP6) 2005-2008 EULEIT - Key Concepts for the European Union after Enlargement: Fragmentation, Continuity or Reinvention? (Volkswagen Stiftung)
EU Common Foreign and Security Policy; small states; Europeanisation; securitisation; Czech foreign and security policy.
My research and teaching focuses on the European Union's common foreign and security policy, particularly the institutional framework and the link between the CFSP and foreign and security policies of the member states. Lately, I have worked on the topic of the small states in European security, more specifically on the Czech Republic as a representative of the small EU member states.