COVID measures at IMS
COVID measures at IMS
Stage III. (red) is currently in effect!
+ emergency measures
- In P10 and P16 premises, there is an obligation to wear FFP2 respirators, including offices where more than one person is present
- When entering P10, registration must be made at the entrance to the IMS premises
For more information about the IMS semaphore, see here.
This page will tell you all about the current measures introduced at IMS following the decrees of Charles University and the applicable measures of the Ministry of Health. We ask that you primarily follow IMS rules that comply with faculty and university rules.
2.3.2021 - UK libraries continue to operate on the principle of contactless delivery windows. Books can be ordered in the UK central catalogue see http://ckis.cuni.cz/. All loan books have been extended to April 1, 2021.
A trip to the library for a booked book is part of the preparation for the exam and booking confirmation, together with the student's card can be submitted to verify permission to travel between districts.
1.3.2021 - Summary of regulations applicable from March 1 to March 21, 2021 can be found here.
The full text can be found here: https://apps.odok.cz/attachment/-/down/IHOABYLUPWWU (only in Czech).
19.2.2021 - as of February 22, 2021, it is compulsory to wear FFP2 face masks or nano face masks on all premises of hospitals, in public transportation and in stores/malls.
Older News can be found here.
Steps when infected, quarantined, having signs of infectious disease:
A COVID Crisis Unit has been set up at IMS, responsible for all measures related to the COVID-19 epidemic. These measures are based on the three-tiered IMS Semaphore and will be updated daily on this website.
The IMS Crisis Unit is responsible for all measures related to the COVID-19 epidemic. At the same time, the Crisis Unit acts as the main contact point to which students and staff can be directed on matters related to the epidemic.
- Students of Czech study programs are directed to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students of English-language programs are directed to email email@example.com
- Employees and freelancers are directed to email firstname.lastname@example.org
From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., both students and staff can contact us via the common phone number: +420 773 740 250.
Students will only contact (and receive information from) the Crisis Unit via an official "fsv" email address. At the same time, when they contact Crisis Unit, they include their phone number in the email. All information thus provided is considered highly sensitive and protected.
The full IMS epidemiology manual can be found here.
Covid testing for students and employees of Charles University here.
The IMS Semaphore is divided into three stages, responding to the spread rate of COVID-19 in Prague. Relevant teaching, administrative operation, and sanitation scenarios are defined within each stage. The Crisis Unit will modify the individual measures as the situation develops.
Complete information about each level can be found here.
Stage III. (red) of the IMS Semaphore is currently in effect!
- Teaching is exclusively online.
- The State Final Exams runs exclusively online.
- Obligation to maintain a two-meter distance in common areas, including classrooms.
- Wearing face masks in all IMS and FSV common areas.
- Public events (debates, conferences) are prohibited.
- Students do not have access to office space of Pekařská 10. Additional safety measures in Pekařská 10 are specified in special guidelines. It is mandatory to wear face mask type FFP2 in Pekařská building.
- Consultations take place exclusively online.
- For handing in and signing of students' documents, there is a mailbox at the reception on the ground floor of the Pekařská 10 building.
- THP workers have an alternating mode.
- Foreign private and business trips are governed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs rules, before returning to the workplace the employee must prove the negative test (not related to green countries at MFA traffic lights).
+ due to the introduction of new stricter government regulations, Stage III. (red) was completed with the following points:
- It is mandatory to wear FFP2 respirators at P16 and P10 premises
- There should be no more than one person in each office at one time
- There is a new obligation to wear a respirator in the office if there is more than one person (regardless of distance)
- It is not permitted to gather in common areas
- You can get a certificate for commuting to work from other districts from Mrs Krištofová
- On arrival and departure, you must sign the attendance form at the entrance
Decrees of director of IMS
INFORMATION OF THE STATE MANAGEMENT ABOUT COVID-19
For more information, please visit the official website of the following state institutions:
- Official government website for COVID-19 measures - https://covid.gov.cz/en
- Hygienic stations of the capital city of Prague - Koronavirus 20/10/20 (hygpraha.cz) (only in Czech)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Important COVID-19 measures for foreigners | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic (mzv.cz)
- Ministry of Health - Update on COVID-19 - https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/en/
Frequently asked questions and answers can be found here.